Friday 21 May 2010

My working environment...


I thought I would make all you poor office slaves stuck in a concrete block all day a wee bit jealous, and show you what a loverly office I have in a protected nature reserve. It is in a little fachwerk building, situated right next to a river surrounded by potplants and flowers.


Am I not a lucky girl..!


The river banks are full of trees and plants, and behind my office is a small patch of woodland area.


In the early morning I take a walk round the back and just enjoy the quiet, and listen to the birds. The ground is covered in wild grasses and buttercups, and othere small wild flowers. I have red squirrils that run up the tree next to the office occassionally, and have even had a hedgehog come sniffing around by my door. I usually only see hedgehogs squashed on the roads, so it was a real treat to see one up close and alive!



There are many wild birds that nest around the area, and apart from many black ravens that nest in the tree tops, I have even seen the fairly rare 'Blaumeisen', which is the cutest little blue and yellow birdie ever..
.

6 comments:

  1. DR, clearly you have been bitten by the Spring bug! Great blog, you are doing a sterling job to reveal how there really is life after ZA!
    I hope it is as hot there in Freiburg this weekend as it is here in the South East UK. We might hit 28 celcius tomorrow. BBQ time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been bitten by the spring bug. Today it was really beautiful weather, it was around 22° today, clear blue sky...just stunning..tomorrow the weather man also predicts 28°, good for my plants!
    At the moment everything is so bright green and lush with younf leaves and shoots, and the Azaleas and Rhodadendrons are in glorius flower in every colour imaginable, from reds, pinks, purples, orange yellow...I just love it. I will take pics of them this comming week and post them here.
    Papa Bear braaied today..and stocked the fridge with cold frosties..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,

    Its been awhile since I've been back for a a visit. You have been clearly busy posting interesting articles. I will have to make a point to come for a visit more often. Remember when we used to share "a secret garden" lol. In those days I was such a klutz with everything internet. I'm happy to see that you are enjoying spring and now summer so much. Thanks for sharing.

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful site Dark Raven, you inspire me:-) I shall certainly return more often.
    I have a small balcony which is in full bloom at the moment; I call it my 'little grotto of peace'. We are hoping to move further out of town in a couple of years, ideally into a small cottage with a large garden, part of which we hope to utilise as a community project with like minded Folk, for vegetable growing and bee keeping. The idea behind all this is to help raise political awareness and to do our small bit to reclaim our land from the invaders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very lucky indeed. What a lovely area from which to work. That was a terrific photo of the sweet bird as well.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow .You are so luckyMy God . fresh everyday ..

    ReplyDelete